Monday, July 8, 2024

Vacay- Ketchikan



Ketchikan was our first port. They say it rains there most of the time because this part of Alaska lies within the Tongass Rainforest. We were prepared; however, we didn’t need our rain gear nor did we need cold weather clothing. It was an  absolutely gorgeous, sunny day. We explored and walked around the city. We saw bald eagles, orcas, and totem poles. The salmon weren’t running (we were a bit too early) but we did see a few fish in the creek. We saw many places that sold smoked salmon. I learned the state flower is a forget me not. I got a pretty bracelet of the flower in mother of pearl. I also collected my Diamonds International charm bracelet and a salmon charm (free). We recorded more than 10,000 steps. All in all, we had a good day!
















































No comments:

Post a Comment