Thursday, January 7, 2021

Merry Christmas






  A new tradition was started by Ashleigh this Christmas with a book exchange. Therefore along with new pajamas everyone also got many books on Christmas Eve. I’m Chris also surprised me with pajamas too! 
Chris was the first to wake on Christmas morning. Then it was Dylan waking. He helped wake up me, Ashleigh and Austin. Christmas presents with the kids is always full of laughs, smiles, and love. This year we opted for a light breakfast and had a mid afternoon dinner. While we did not go to the movie theater due to Covid; we did watch a movie together as a family AND it also wasn’t Star Wars. It was Sol. 
     We traveled to Georgia the day after Christmas and after having Dylan tested for Covid. He tested negative. ( side story someone in his class tested positive for Covid. He was quarantined and opened his gifts on Christmas Eve via FaceTime in his room. Since he was not showing symptoms and it had been one week in Christmas morning, we did “allow” him out.) While in Ga, we had Christmas with Chris’s family. Banessa had taken off to Disney. We had a nice visit. One day Ashleigh and I went to spend Kohl’s cash and exchange a shirt for Dylan, and I took her by our house in Loganville. Not much had changed. I also took her by my one and only childhood home. It also looked the same with the new siding that was our in with the help of Chris. There are not tall trees bordering her yard and the neighbors, but the house looks the same. I am grateful and hopeful that Sergio and his family are enjoying their home. While at Helen and Jim’s we went through storage items in the basement that we had there and recalled some memories. Some of my childhood treasures I parted with and said goodbye; others I did keep. I am hopeful that other families and  kids can enjoy the items we donated. 
   The Christmas tree and decorations were all taken down in the last day of Christmas, Epiphany; however the Christmas Light- Jesus Shines bright each day. Glory to God! Joy, Hope, Peace, and Love !









And just a couple pics from Christmas Eve... “Not a creature was stirring...



 




Christmas with Pappy and Grandma! We were also able to enjoy time with Rhonda,Billy, Kristin and Tim. 


No comments:

Post a Comment