Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Quarantine














 A year and a month when the pandemic begins and the boys and I had to quarantine because Chris tested positive for Covid. Thankful that his case was mild, but these have been the longest days of my life! I am grateful and I have learned quite a bit about Dylan’s class and learning, Austin, and myself / my class. We are not sure when Chris was exposed to Covid, but suspect between Good Friday and Easter. We also wasn’t sure at first if he had Covid or was experiencing side effects from the vaccine because he was vaccinated on Monday and started experiment symptoms on Tuesday. However, he did not test until he continued with a fever until Sunday midday. Then, he decided that he should be tested. And yep- Covid.  The boys and I had been on Spring Break, and we were not able to return to school because now we had to quarantine. I taught remotely from home while a substitute was in my classroom acting as my hands and eyes. Also during this time, I had a student move and a new student enter. Dylan had lessons online. He has the greatest and most patient teachers on earth! He rarely needed my help because his teachers were able to assist him and show him everything he needed. He also presented his screen to them. He made his snack and lunch each day too! Austin was able to learn virtually too! I heard him singing in choir and also did not have to help him. He has been able to read a new book! Chris all the white in the bedroom. I would mask up and deliver his breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He did hear me teach at times because it is hard to determine the volume level in the classroom. He was able to return sooner than us because Dhec used his first day as the day symptoms began. However, that wasn’t the case for the boys and I. I am grateful that we are able to return and no one else was sick. All the while Ashleigh did not have to quarantine (she had been here the weekend) because she had received her vaccine in late February/March. 


No comments:

Post a Comment