Monday, November 12, 2018

oops-October end

   October endings and events-At school, we have been busy! My school celebrated Red Ribbon Week, participated in Boosterthon, and received report cards (one of the week's also included Halloween, my birthday, and a full moon). However, we survived.
   On the home front, we were able to visit grandma and pappy in Georgia. This was some much needed time for Chris. While there, Chris and I had a date to Summit, enjoy lunch together (without kids), and drive Jim's truck. 
   Ashleigh and I were able to see Les Miserables (for our first time) along with some friends. What a fun, exciting time! Ashleigh's college classes have ended and she did very well in each of them. She has decided to be a part of the dance company at school and is practicing for a performance in late November and a production on December of the Nutcracker. Choir continues--In November auditions for the spring musical will take place. Ashleigh has also been a part of the worship team at our church (I will try to sneak a picture) and serving kids on Sunday evenings. She dearly loves the younger age.
   Trick or treating was fun this year. Dylan was the Hulk (again) this year (He will have to dress as a different character next year as he has outgrown his costume.) He loves the act of trick or treating, but not the candy. Austin likes both! Ashleigh and a friend were able to join the "family fun"!
   On my birthday, I was showered with lunch and a cheesecake sweet treat from Chris at school. He brought a "'surprise" to me. I also had a practicum student from CSU and she was teaching a lesson. While she was teaching a lesson, I had checked my personal email and saw the receipt. So when Chris brought the "surprise", I somewhat ruined it. BUT it was the meaningfulness, gratitude, and love that was captured. I love that guy! 
   
     



No comments:

Post a Comment