Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Basketball

Dylan and his classmates played basketball on the Unified Special Olympics team last week  Dylan was also featured on the school Facebook cover page and a special article that warms my heart and shows his love for sports ...Smile  it was a cold day (32 degrees) and I sent Dylan to school in his black and blue shorts and his black shirt  He was very excited!!! (He did say his legs were cold but thankfully our ride to school is short sand the heat works well in my car! That afternoon before getting off the bus, Ashleigh’s friend- the cheerleader featured (the person making this infographic more than likely did not know  that Dylan already knew the cheerleader as it was a good friend of his sister, but that is beside the fact). I knew that he scored 8 points- two 3 pointers and one 2 pointer- because of the friend. A coworker had also sent me video of the beginning of the game.  Dylan came in proudly with his ribbon! Later in the evening, a parent that was able to go to the game was telling me all about Dylan and his fun while playing. Later, other photos were shared. Lastly, I received The Road to Greatness article from the principal at the high school. I am overwhelmed and thankful for all those that love and support not only Dylan, but people with disabilities and differences. Encourage ment, inclusion, and kindness go a long way... and Dylan’s smile and love for others does too!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment