Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Summer 2023

Year 25 for me…Dylan will be a senior. He was also accepted into the JACC program which is a more specialized program for transitioning into life beyond school. He will encounter life skills and employment opportunities. He will receive these services at a different high school but he will be able to participate in his his home school senior activities. Austin will be a freshman next year. Both boys ended school well and are ready for summer. This summer I plan to take a couple of summer classes, declutter and organize/simply, paint some rooms, revamp the boys bathroom and downstairs powder room, visit my sister and Ashleigh and Sam and go on a cruise with family. I also hope to be able to establish some time to workout, go to the beach, and spend time with the boys. Yesterday,Ashleigh and Sam celebrated their first wedding anniversary. Today also marks 20 year that my mom passed away and went to heaven. Wow - how time flies. 




Twenty years ago my mom, Gwyn Merkison, passed away in the morning at the time when she was usual to awake. This year is a little different as I am quite close to the same age she was when the c word crept into /her/our life. However, she lives on through my sister and me. She taught us about the ups and downs of life and love as teens and young moms, but also embraced us in our childhood. She and my dad taught us about Jesus and his love and grace for us. What I would give to talk to her face to face or on the phone (which was everyday); I know someday we will meet again in heaven where there is no pain or c word. I love you mom!





No comments:

Post a Comment