Saturday, July 15, 2023

Birthday part 2 and summer fun

 Austin and his buddies played airsoft today. Yes , it was HOT and humid. Chris made sure they took several breaks and stayed hydrated. I took them pizza and drink make sure they were fed and even more hydrated. 


Our summer has been mostly restful since our cruise. The boys and I have been able to sleep in (more the boys) and stay up late. I have been tutoring one student this summer too. It’s been a delight!! The boys and I have been able to also go to the gym each day. Most days we see Chris. I have been doing strength training and various cardio. Dylan and Austin have been doing similar workouts l. We are hopeful to continue when school starts. I am taking a reading class this summer. It is a 7 week class. At the end of July, I will take a refresher mentor class. I will be able to be a mentor to a first year teacher this coming school year. The last mentee was Austin’s third grade teacher. I am excited!!Otherwise, we usually hang out at the house. We celebrated July 4 a couple days early at the beach, and the neighborhood had a big gathering with a concert, food trucks, and fireworks at the Y. We enjoyed food and fireworks. We have had some beach days with Chris and seen some movies too. We’ve had a couple doctor and dentists appointments among all of us , but the most part has been uneventful and unplanned. We are hopeful to see Ashleigh and Sam soon and also take a mini vacay closer to home. Soaking in the last month before I return in mid August. 














No comments:

Post a Comment