Thursday, September 14, 2017

Kindness Rock Craze



When I tell people that Ashleigh and I go rock collecting, some people look at me like I'm crazy and others understand the rock craze.  The Kindness Rock Project encourages people to create inspirational rocks and leave (hide) for others to find. Ashleigh and I embraced the phenomena this summer-not only by painting and hiding, but also with hunting. The hunting for rocks has become such a fun time for us. It is also a time for us to exercise as we walk the trails throughout our community. Some walks have been as long as 6 miles (definitely getting in more than 10,000 steps for all you FitBit users). These walks also include time for Ashleigh and I to talk about whatever----usually the whatever is life! I so enjoy these times (and secretly I think Ashleigh does too). We don't always find a lot of rocks, but the conversation is always great, and we also encounter many God sightings too. 
A night full of God sightings and few rocks







I painted these! (Yes-I teach 3rd grade)

rock painting

Ashleigh is serious about her rocks.

Some of our first finds


No comments:

Post a Comment